ED and over exercising caused saggy breasts - Should I speak with a surgeon?? (age 18)

I suffered from a restrictive eating disorder and an addiction to exercise years ago and I lost a lot of weight. I also didn't know about the omportance of sports bras and my breasts became very saggy. I am since recovered and weight restored but I am still very insecure about the nature of my breasts and I find them very uncomfortable to deal with. I am considering speaking with a plastic surgeon to correct the issue of sagging. Advice? Should I consider it? Costs? Insurance coverage?

Breast lift

I’m sorry to hear about your past situation and how it’s changed your body. Sagging is unfortunately difficult to correct without surgery. If you are at a healthy weight now and still find your breasts to be saggy, you can talk to a board certified plastic surgeon about a breast lift. Mild sagging can be corrected with breast implants.

Without photos or an in person assessment it is impossible to give you a recommendation. You may need a breast lift, a breast augmentation, in combination or alone. Please consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Fixing saggy breasts

If you are unhappy with the shape and size of your breasts then you may consider breast lift surgery to lift your breasts back up your chest wall into a more rejuvenated position.  Arrange a consultation with a fully qualified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and options.

Robert Drielsma, MBBS, BSc, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Perky breasts

Hi,
Yes, please seek an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon. Visit the breast lift forum on this site for more information. Breast lifting techniques have improved greatly in the last 15yrs. Please view the video attached of an example of The Horndeski Method breast lift. With this method, implants or the ugly vertical scar are not necessary to create upper pole fullness, increase cleavage, have long term results or loose the ability to breast feed in the future.
Best wishes and kind regards,
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Saggy breasts, should i speak to a surgeon?

Thank you for your question. I looks like you could benefit from a breast lift with or without implants, unfortunately without photos of your breasts is very hard to give you a final advice, I highly recomend you to see a Board certified plastic surgeon in person or upload some photos for a better look at your case. Best of luck! 

Alex Campbell, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Surgical Consultation

Speaking with a Plastic Surgeon in person would be a great first step. Be sure to select a board certified Plastic Surgeon. They will discuss your goals and concerns with you, examine you and provide recommendations.

All the best

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Sagging Breast

Congratulations on your recovery.  Self esteem  and how it effects you are important.  Speaking with a plastic surgeon will give you the information need to see if surgery is the right thing for you.  It would also be important that you coordinate this with her primary care physician who is assisting you with your overall health.  There is however no insurance coverage for these types of procedures.

Roberta Gartside, MD, FACS
Reston Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Hello thank you for your question. Based upon your description a breast lift or mastopexy procedure would correct the sagging that you have. It is important to recognize the fact that significant weight loss and or weight gain can affect the shape of the breasts and the looseness of the breast skin. It is true to some degree that running and exercise can have an effect on this as well.A breast lift removes  excess skin and reshape your breasts to a more aesthetic shape and appearance. the procedure is performed under anesthesia and takes about 2 weeks to recoverIt will be about 4 to 6 weeks before you may resume exercise. A good supportive sports bra is necessary when you exercise.Keep in mind since you are 18 years old you might have changes in your body and breast in the future including pregnancy.  you should be aware that there is a good chance that down the road you might need an additional procedure to either lift retighten the breast and/or add implants if you chose to go larger.You should see several consultations with board-certified surgeons in your area before proceeding.As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health care conditions you have are managed by your primary care doctor.Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Without examining you its difficult to give specific advice. As you suggested, you should probably book a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon near you to discuss all of these issues. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Hi there. Once the skin has stretched, it will never 'snap back' on it's own. The good news is that surgery can lift and rejuvenate breasts. Some women elect to go up in breast size at the same time by having an implant placed. If you are unhappy with the appearance or size of your breasts, discuss it with a board-certified plastic surgeon to find out what is possible and what that entails. 

Questions to dwell on the in interim:

Are you happy with your breast size in a bra?
Have you looked at before-and-after photos of breast lift patients?
Are you planning to have children and breast feed one day?

Regarding price of a lift in the metro area, I would plan on $7-11k. It is considered a cosmetic procedure and not covered by insurance. 

Hope that helps!
CDK

Christopher D. Knotts, MD, FACS
Reston Plastic Surgeon