Breast Aug

After breast implants, what are you allowed to eat or not eat?

Diet Restrictions following a Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question.  I do not have any diet restrictions that I give to my patients following breast augmentation surgery, although you will want to check directly with your surgeon.  I ask that my patients stay hydrated and to be aware that sometimes pain medications may constipate you.  Eating foods high in fiber may help with that issue.  You may also want to start with a bland diet first as some patients experience a little nausea immediately post surgery.  Best wishes to you!

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Diet Restrictions Following Breast Augmentation

Thank you very much for your question. In general, there are no limitations or restrictions for diet, following a breast augmentation procedure except for salty foods. The salt will tend to make you retain more water and thus swell more which can lead to more discomfort. Depending on how you feel, starting out with a bland diet may help to keep away any nausea that results from the anesthesia or pain medications. As you will be tired and sore the first several days, have healthy, easy to prepare items on hand Also, drink plenty of fluids during the initial recovery period. Your operating surgeon will have his/her own breast augmentation protocol, so follow their advice regarding your recovery diet. 

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

You may eat anything that your heart desires without any limitation that I can think of. Of course ask your surgeon their advice. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Diet after Breast Augmentation

First of all thank you for the question.  There are really no dietary restrictions after Breast Augmentation.  It is recommend that you stay away from green tea for a week after surgery.  Drink plenty of fluids and start out eating  a bland nutritional diet.  As always I would recommend speaking to your plastic surgeon and follow his or her advice.  Best of Luck.

Heather Rocheford, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Diet Post Surgery

Thank you so much for your question.  Generally I recommend all patients to keep a healthy diet, high in protein post surgery. It is also recommended to to avoid any foods with high sodium content and or msg as this has the patient retain more water retention post surgery.

Diet after BA surgery

Thank you for your question. There are no specific dietary restrictions or limitations after your surgery but you should take it easy and not over do it. Some post-op medications may make you nauseous as well. Best of luck!

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

There really is no exact diet that is required after a breast augmentations but doctors may give you suggestions on certain foods to incorporate into your diet for optimal recovery. I recommend that my patients consume at least 8 ounces of fluid every 2 hours after surgery and to stick to non-carbonated, non-alcoholic, caffeine-free, and green tea-free beverages including fruit juices and water, milk, and yogurt drinks.  For the first 24 hours, stick with soft, bland, nutritious food. Best of luck.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast Aug

No diet restrictions after a breast augmentation are required, however start off with small amounts of food to make sure your stomach agrees. Sometimes the anesthesia, pain medication....etc. can upset your stomach, so I suggest starting with a light, bland meal and go from there. Best of luck. #drfeldman #BancroftFeldman #breastaugmentation #sugarland #HoustonTX

Recommended Diet Following Breast Implants

No particular diet is required.  I recommend that my patients eat light the first 24 hours - clear liquids, advancing to a regular diet as tolerated.  If you have persistent nausea, stick to a bland diet until the nausea subsides.  Avoid foods that can cause a lot of gas.  Small frequent meals are best.  I recommend that my patients drink 100 grams of protein per day in the healing process for the first six weeks after surgery as this diet aids the healing process. Best of luck!

What to eat after breast augmentation

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• There are two schools of though as to what to eat after surgery:
  • Approach 1 - sip ginger ale or weak tea, toast and crackers until stomach settles.
  • Approach 2 - have a large juicy hamburger or pizza - since often the nausea after surgery is hunger. This is the approach taken in the US army, taught to me by a medic and it works really well for a lot of people.
  • My approach - eat what you feel like eating - since people are not all the same.
  • Your surgeon's office should give you guidance for your recovery.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS