I am a man and was wondering how do I grow boobs?

I wanna have boobs so I can feel like my natural self

Thank you for the question. Hormone therapy may be an  option for you.   However, the most  predictable way to increase breast size would be through breast augmentation surgery.

I have had the opportunity to work with several men interested in breast implants ( to feminize the chest wall).  This is a different situation from trans gender patients in transition and from men who are looking to augment their chest walls ( pectoralis implants).

Nevertheless, this subset of patients is somewhat uncommon;  it is very important to  understand patient motivation clearly and to educate  these patients about the long-term effects of having  feminized chest walls.

Man boobs

Hello and thank you for your question. If you were born a male, hormones can be used to enhance the glandular portion of your chest. This is often not enough to have large breasts. A breast augmentation can be performed in order to increase the volume of the breasts further. 

Best Wishes

Theodore T. Nyame MD 

Harvard-Trained Plastic Surgeon

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Breast Implants

Thank you for your question. Here's your choices:

A. Surgical treatment by having breast implants (silicone implants)

B. Non surgical treatment (hormone therapy or pills)

Good luck!

Boonchai Taweerattanasil, MD
Thailand Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question.  Though hormone therapy can be used to develop your natural breast tissue the most predictable method of increasing chest size is through the placement of implants.  Hope this helps. 

The best way to start is with hormone therapy. A lot of times changing the hormone balance the body will allow the breast tissue to respond and develop. I do not think that you can develop large breast in this fashion but it is a way to start and allow for expansion that tissue which then will be better prepared for a breast augmentation surgery.

Good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon