Ultrasonic after an hernia operation?

I had a successful triple hernia operation done six months ago and the doctor put a mesh I have three very small scars . Can I get 40 K Ultrasonic Radio Frequency Cavitation treatment done on my stomach area ?

Hernia and Radiofrequency

you can get ultrasound or radiofrequency treatments after hernia operation as long as the hernia is completely repaired and you have fully healed.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Ultrasonic after mesh hernia repair - is it safe?

Thank you for asking about your ultrasonic liposuction.

• If I were your hernia surgeon, I would not want you to have ultrasonic cavitation in the area of hernia repair.
  • It can damage the underlying mesh - and the hernia repair.
  • Further - the treatment will not make scars disappear.
  • I strongly suggest that you not have any treatment in the area without the approval of your hernia surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Ultrasonic liposuction (UAL)

UAL should be ok if no hernias are present. Choose a well qualified board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck to you. 

Ultrasonic after an hernia operation?

Thank you for your question. The best is to  Choose a well qualified board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck to you. 

Ultrasonic after an hernia operation?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD