What's the difference between an iliac liposuction and a flank liposuction?

I met with two doctors and one suggested iliac liposuction and the other mentioned flank liposuction in conjunction with my abdominoplasty. I thought we were discussing the same area of my body, which is the "spare tire" area at the top of my pants from my side back toward my spine. Is an iliac liposuction and flank liposuction the same thing?

Yes, the same

Hi there. Iliac liposuction is a fancy term of flank liposuction so the same area is addressed. Good luck with your surgery. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Liposuction and tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. These are the same areas.  Liposuction in conjunction with a tummy tuck can produce a nice result in the right patient.  A tummy tuck can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Liposuction

They may be calling the same area by a different name. Point out exactly what you want treated and review with your surgeon.

Liposuction

I dont see a difference between flank liposuction and iliac liposuction. They are the same and can be useful for trimming the hips with a tummy tuck

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS