Can any doctor tell me if this is gynecomastia? (photos)

I've attached a photo. I workout and I try to lose fat, but my chest still has lot of fat and I'm not sure whether I need a surgery or not.

Consult with a Board Certified Surgeon May Better Determine

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 

About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 
There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

What is gynecomastia ?

GYNECOMASTIA = Breast Enlargement in Men, below are some basic information to know about the procedure and if it is for you:
Gynecomastia or breast enlargement in men can be corrected by a variety of plastic surgical techniques. This condition often creates a psychological poor self perception and many males of all ages do not take their shirts off because of this stigma. Candidates are men who have over-developed or enlarged breasts which may occur as the result of hormonal changes or hereditary conditions.
Candidates are healthy men, whose condition cannot be corrected through exercise, weight reduction or other non-surgical treatments. Appropriate preconditions for surgery are the stabilization of breast development (no further breast enlargement) and localized areas of excess breast tissue and fat.
Intended Result
The procedure intends to reduce the breast size and redundant breast tissue to enhance the contours of the chest. The surgery often reduces physical discomfort associated with the area, as well as physiological and emotional dissatisfaction with the area.
Procedure Description
General, Intravenous or local anesthesia are used for this procedure depending on the severity and type of procedure(s) selected by your plastic surgeon. It is performed on an outpatient basis. For males with very large breasts staged procedures (more than one procedure) may be required. For example, the first procedure may be liposuction, then several weeks to months later after skin contraction has occurred, a separate procedure is done to remove excess skin. By doing a staged procedure, often the final scars are less.
Oftentimes, specific types of liposuction cannulas are used and often in conjunction with direct removal of excess breast glandular tissue through small incisions for mild to moderate gynecomastia. Other specific techniques can reduce the areola when needed or reposition the nipple to create the appearance of a more natural contour.

Yes it does appear as though you have mild gynecomastia.

You would need to be seen by a plastic surgeon in order to determine whether you would need surgical excision of gland tissue or just liposuction.  The healing for this surgery is fairly simple.  You would avoid heavy lifting/workouts for about two weeks.  Ideally to be off work/school for only few days.

Gynecomastia

Lucas

Your photos do demonstrate fairly mild gynecomastia, but it appears that treatment can be achieved with liposuction alone. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about Gynecomastia to help you understand the condition. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Gynecomastia?

By your photos, it looks like you would have good results with gynecomastia surgery especially since you have been working out and trying to lose fat.  

It's not a question of needing surgery, but how much it bothers you.  If you feel this condition is effecting you negatively, surgery is a good consideration.

Charles V. Pledger, MD
Provo Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia Fort Washington, MD

In my opinion it is real gynecomastia  and this is the reason you can not lose it.

How should I choose a surgeon?
Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully only a board certified PLASTIC SURGEON. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection.
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3. Gynecomastia surgery Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering?
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia

Thanks for the question, it does look as though you may have some extra breast tissue there which is typically a normal variant, if when you pinch it and it feels hard it likely is gynecomastia which can be treated easily in an outpatient setting

Is this gynecpomastia?

It looks like it. Puffy areolas, possibly some "swelling" around areolas. Based on your photos you should have a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for detailed clinical evaluation. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Gynaecomastia

I agree decision to have surgery is yours. You would need examination to determine if there is mainly fat or glandular tissue there. Fat can often be treated with liposuction but glandular tissue may need excision. Some drugs legal and not can promote this condition 

best wishes 

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Gynaeomastia

Looks like it. Gynaecomastia is breast development in the male. It may be soft and fatty or more firm, fibrous and glandular. Surgery can help reduce it and improve your chest to make it appear more male.

Dirk Lazarus, MD
South Africa Plastic Surgeon