My right side looks great but left side feels hollow and droops. I still feel sensitive, pain and swollen. (Photo)

So i had my opperation done on march 27th and it is now july 8th 2015. My right side looks great nice and firm but my left side feels hollow and draps down. It still haves a puffy look instead of flat. I would like to know if this is going to stay like this or if my chest still healing and would the skin shrink. I exercise, and message my chest often. Im assuming its scar tissue but it has that puffy feeling to both sides under the nipple area. Would i need a 2nd surgery. Thanks for the help :).

When to Consider a Revision to Gynecomastia Surgery

Your #incisions will go through a maturation process following #Gynecomastia surgery . For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision.

Gynecomastia results

Breast shape and contour very difficult to assess from photos only. A consultation is needed to determine if you could benefit from minor revision surgery. You should expect pretty smooth results with minimal contour irregularities.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Allow six months before considering a revision after gynecomastia treatment.

Because of the sizable amount of connective tissue on the chest wall swelling and contour abnormalities may persist for many months after gynecomastia treatment. Continue to remain patient.