Does whey protein cause gynecomastia to return after surgery?

Hi i just recently had gynecomastia and wanted to ask if my glands will grow or will i develop gynecomastia (puffy nipples) again by using WHEY PROTEIN everyday for muscle building? I heard whey protein is derived from milk and it has hormones that cause gynecomastia in males who use it frequently for body building

Reoccurence Possibilities Following Gynecomastia Surgery

The #recurrence of breast enlargement is uncommon following #gynecomastia surgery. However, it can occur. If this happens, you may require further surgery in the future. The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia. Therefore, weight gain, steroid use,recreational drug use and have hormonal conditions can contribute to a return of gynecomastia regardless of previous surgical removal and treatments. Each patient is unique and previous #results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic.

Whey Protein alone doesn't cause gynecomastia

Dear foreveryoung908,

Although frequently discussed, there has never been an article to my knowledge showing that whey protein is related to gynecomastia. Either the whey protein would have to be tainted with steroids or the protein would have to trigger a change in your endocrine balance. That has not been shown to occur.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Robert D. Wilcox, MD