Rhinoplasty-nose got more swollen?

5 weeks post op. at 3 weeks a lot of my swelling had went down and it seemed like my nose was reaching a pleasant shape and size. however , over the next week and this week , my nose has gotten more swollen. Even bigger than it was before I got surgery. I'm not sure if it's connected to constant sniffling, or excessively rubbing my nose while washing my face , or a sunburn ??

Rhinoplasty swelling

Thank you for your question. The nose will can stay swollen for 3-6 months and swelling will fluctuate with activity, heat, and salt intake. Avoid long term sun exposure. Please see your surgeon with any additional concerns. 

Rhinoplasty swelling

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with 1 month after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

1 month post op, some advices:

Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty and swelling

The nose will stay swollen for a long time and the swelling will fluctuate with activity, heat, and salt intake.

Rhinoplasty and swelling