Candidate for columelloplasty? Absolutely self conscious about my side profile. What are my options? (photos)

I have always been self conscious about the side profile of my nose and how my nostrils are always showing. Would love to see what my options are ! Will I need a rhinoplasty ? Or is there more of a minor procedure to alter this? help! I would like to know a price range to which you would charge for the procedure.

Tip Rhinoplasty

Your nasal tip is turned too far downwards which is the main cause of your columella concerns. The nasal tip needs to be shortened and rotated upwards to open up your nasolabial angle which would reveal more of your columella.

Reducing columellar show

Hello Chelsea,The relationship between the columella and the alar rims is a very improtant aspect of rhinoplasty. This can be modified through a series of different procedures after the surgeon has had a chance to analyze the cause for the problem: is the columella hanging? Are the alar rims retracted? A combination of both?Consult with a qualified rhinoplasty surgeon and you can have these questions answered and a solution proposed. I hope this helps.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip and columella slightly.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Septorhinoplasty for a more attractive and feminine nose.

Septorhinoplasty for a more attractive and feminine nose. Your hanging columella can be removed and your tip refined as well as shortening the length of your nose. This will give you normal nostril show and a much better looking nose.

Candidate for Nasal Columellar Improvement?

You do have a hanging columella which can be elevated. I suggest you also consider removing the minimal convexity of your profile line and shortening your nose a couple mm.

Rhinoplasty candidate

A full rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, lifting the tip, and refining the supratip area of the nose. A columella plasty alone will only address the columella, and may leave the supratip area full and unbalanced. For many examples of rhinoplasty with a columella plasty, please see the video and the link below