Do I need to get my non-surgical nose fillers dissolved before getting rhinoplasty?

How long before do I need to get Restylane dissolved? I've had it for about four months.

Fillers and rhinoplasty

prior to having rhinoplasty surgery all fillers should be allowed to dissolve. This can be achieved by letting the body metabolize the filler or by having injections to dissolve th filler if it was a hyaluronic acid containing filler. By dissolving the filler accurate reshaping of the nose will be possible. 

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should Nasal Fillers be dissolved Before Rhinoplasty?

You should wait until the fillers dissolve, usually about a year, or have hyaluronidase injections to dissolve the Restylane before having rhinoplasty surgery. It would be helpful if you have pictures of your nose before fillers were injected to make sure you have returned to your natural pre-treatment appearance.

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty fillers dissolved before getting a rhinoplasty

Yes, it is best to have the non-surgical fillers dissolved prior to a rhinoplasty procedure, so that your surgeon can  perform a very accurate rhinoplasty procedure.  When the nose has been artificially inflated with fillers  it is best to have them removed. Rhinoplasty results are measured in millimeters, so it's a very precise operation.  Rhinoplasty is a difficult  operation, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience

Fillers and rhinoplasty

Great question.  On average fillers such as restylane and juviderm last about 6 months.  I would schedule consults when your nose looks very close to how it looked prior to your non-surgical rhinoplasty.  This is important because your plastic surgeon will need to see how your nose actually looks to be able to discuss and decide on what should be done during your surgical rhinoplasty procedure.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Dea rgellcaaa: 

Thank you for your question. In order to have precision rhinoplasty performed, I would suggest having the filler in your nose dissolved with hyaluronidase  six weeks prior to your surgery.  This will ensure a more accurate result. Always use a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon for your rhinoplasty consultation. The Rhinoplasty Society is a good place to start  Good luck and I hope this helps

Nasal fillers dissolved prior to rhinoplasty

In order to have an accurate rhinoplasty performed, I would suggest having the filler in your nose dissolved with hyaluronidase about one month prior to the surgery.  Be sure you are seeing a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon for your rhinoplasty consultation. Good luck!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon