Nose tip and columella 4 weeks after rhinoplasty; will my nose tip fall? (Photos)

I had a closed rhinoplasty 4 weeks ago and I'm worried about my nose tip and columella.My nose tip looks too up turned,the distance between the nose tip and my upper lip appears to be longer and unnatural,and when I smile my nose looks piggy(since the tip is stiff,it's not dropping anymore,because it would "hide" my nostrils and decrease the distance between nose tip and upper lip) and my columella is too exposed in my face.Will my nose tip fall and my will columella be less exposed?

Rhinoplasty at 4 weeks

At 4 weeks it is too early to tell. A lot may change as the swelling subsides. Best of luck..........

One month postop upturned nose

The swelling in the tip can give it more of an upturned appearance. You might be getting an early polly beak and should probably get steroid injections. With time the tip will drop. If at 3 months if it still too high then a graft in the columella to the tip will bring it down. RegardsDr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 month after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-   

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD