Why does Rhinoplasty make the skin on your nose so oily and shiny afterwards? (photos)

I'm almost 5 months post op and the skin on/around my nose is still super shiny and oily. Will this ever get back to normal? Also how can I tell if my tip is still swollen or just overprojected? If it is just swelling, when it goes down will my nose base (tip/nostril area) get wider?

Postop oily nasal skin

The nose heals with help of sebaceous gland activity and they produce oil. The oil producing activity settles in a year. The tip will not drop but some swelling will get better over the next six months. RegardsDr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon