Why is my face numb after a rhinoplasty?

I had an open rhinoplasty . about a week ago and my face and nose feel numb, but why does my cheeks feel very numb first it was the left side only but today the other side of my cheek is numb as well . When wil this numbness away?, when am I going to smile normally again? Also when could I be able to get braces in my teeth?

Rhinoplasty and numbness

The numbness of the cheeks may be related to swelling. Best to see how this changes as the swelling subsides.

Post Rhinoplasty numbness

It is typically expected that the nose itself (especially the tip) might have a bit of numbness for some weeks or more after a rhinoplasty, but this is all only temporary.  Facial numbness is not an ordinary or expected part of the recovery process of this procedure.  You should bring this to the attention of your plastic surgeon and be re-evaluated right away.

Lyle M. Back, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon