I have a green dot under my skin right up next to the incision. Should I worry about it?

I am 15 wks post op breast augmentation. I noticed the dot under my skin once all of my glue over my incisions had come off and the stitches had dissolved. It's a small green dot almost looks like a marker dot. My surgeon said it's probably a suture trying to work its way out but it hasn't moved. I would like to start putting vitamin e on my scars to help them fade but i was instructed not to in case the green dot is trying to work it's self out. What could this dot be and should I be concerned?

Green dot

It's difficult to know what it could be.  Continue to follow the advice of your surgeon as he/she has examined the area and does not seem to be concerned.  Be sure to keep your follow up appointments and notify the surgeon if any changes occur during your recovery.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.I would follow the advice of your surgeon, without a photograph it is hard to give you my opinion but It is most likely a suture that has migrated. It is important for you to schedule an appointment with your surgeon for a physical examination and fix the suture to prevent any other types of complications or infection from occuring. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon