When's the best time to apply for Care Credit?

I didn't want to rush too fast since I'm starting consultation in October with three doctors, but I know my surgery in total would be estimated price of 11,000-12,000. I wanted to see if I was approved for anything but when if my surgery is less than that? For example: I want a BA and BBL but when if I just stick to one surgery for whatever reason? I wanted the doctor's opinion first from the consultation.

Financing

Thank you for your question. CareCredit can be applied for at any time. You can also speak with the offices of the board certified plastic surgeons you are consulting with to see what other companies they work with. Best of luck with your journey. 

Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

CareCredit

Hello and thank you for your question. It's a good idea to apply for CareCredit early so you can see if you qualify.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Care Credit

I don't think it's a bad idea to apply now to learn your eligibility for financing. Then you can decide whether you want both procedures as opposed to prioritizing them.  You may also wish to apply for Alphaeon, which has a different approval algorithm.

Breast augmentation plus minus lift

On my website there is a section where you can apply for care credit. It does not hurt to see what you qualify for before consultation. see a board certified ASAPS plastic surgeon. Make sure you try on implants and get a 3D vectra analysis.  Good luck

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

When to apply for credit

You can apply for credit at any time. Being approved does not mean you need to commit to any surgery, but it does give you peace of mind when you make the decision of which surgeon and which surgeries you want to have .  Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Timeline

Hello and thanks for your question. You may apply for CareCredit at anytime and it behaves somewhat as a credit card. You use what you need and pay back with interest.  
Good luckDrBurnett#tealself100

Care credit

Thank you for your question.If you know the average cost of your surgeries then you can apply at any time before the consultations, I would try getting approved for slightly more than you estimate your surgery total just to be safe. If you are approved for that amount then you know you have a little wiggle room if it costs more than you expected. You can also call after you have been approved for a certain amount and see if you can get a credit limit increase. If you only decide to go with one surgery it won’t affect how much you owe back, the amount you are approved for is just the maximum they will lend you, if you only used $5000 of your $10,000 credit limit then you will still only owe back $5,000. You can also apply the day you get your exact quote and find out whether you are approved for that amount or not but if you want to make sure you are approved ahead of time so you know how much you can afford to spend on your procedures then I would go ahead and start applying now.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Carecredit

Thanks for your question.  Hard to give you an exact answer.  You may apply for the amount you think you are willing to spend on your procedure.  You can always ask for more.  If you do not qualify, then going for consultations is a moot point.  Care credit requires you to apply at least 3 days prior to your proposed procedure.  You can just go for the consultations to get different opinions and to find the 'right' doctor, then apply and see where it goes.
Best of luck with your search.
Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Care Credit

The best time is either prior to your consultation, or while you are in the office of your plastic surgeon.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Care Credit

Hello,It is a good idea to apply early to see if you are approved and how much you are approved for. Check with your surgeon to see which companies they work with. They may offer more than one. If your surgery is less, you will only borrow what is needed. Good luck.

Janet Turkle, MD