What's wrong with my inframammary incision scars? (photos)

I am 3 months post op, and my scars have been healing nicely. However this week, I noticed that my right incision scar almost feels like it is dented/separating. It does not hurt, but it is quite red. My left scar is almost not noticeable. It wasn't like this a week ago? Could I have done something to possibly tear the incision?

Acute scar change

Thanks for your inquiry, I suggest you see your surgeon to be examined. It may be nothing, but if the tissue around your incision is "thinning"  it could represents other things as well.  Please see your surgeon.  

How To Address Problems With Your Inframammary Incision Scar

Thank you for your question. As you mentioned, the left scar appears to be healing perfectly. I am a little bit worried about the acute change in the scar on the right breast. I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with your plastic surgeon to make sure that you are not having the early signs of an infection or wound problem. If you are, it is important that you are seen sooner rather than later.Best of luck to you!

your bra may have been rubbing into it a bit.  I would recommend silicone sheeting to help it.   I would not worry too much.  should heal well.

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Healing scars

Any changes in your incisions should be discussed with your surgeon to allow him/her to assess the situation.  To help scars heal faster you may want to look into various scar products, such as Embrace.

Camille Cash, MD

You did not do anything to tear the incisional scar.  Scar maturation takes much longer than 3 months and they should look much more similar by the end of 9 to 12 months.  You can use something as simple as scar massage with a moisturizing cream, to over the counter scar medications such as Mederma or any scar cream sold by your surgeon's office.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon