Currently a 34c getting 310cc or 335cc what will be post op size?

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

34 C cup receiving 310-335 cc implants.

As stated by the others it's inaccurate to predict what size (and brand) bra will best fit you but in all likelihood if you're a 34 C cup presently you'll be wearing a D cup bra.  However, if you find a 32 size to fit you best you'd probably change to a 32 DD cup.  Achieving goal proportioning and shape is more important (and accurate) than actually achieving a certain cup size.  I prefer to choose my patient's final implant size at the time of surgery (rather than in advance) based on how closely each sizer matches a patient's size and contour goals.  Once I see the actual results during the surgical procedure I can select the best permanent implant to match the patient's goals.  Watch the video above for more info that may be of interest to you.Good luck with your procedure and enjoy your results. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Implants and cup size

Unfortunately, cup size does not correlate to implant volumes too well. You can do a baggy test with the volume you desire to give a rough idea with various bras.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size.  It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. It is hard to predict exact bra size after surgery, but we can estimate.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Postop breast size

Thank you for your question.  No one can tell you for sure what cup size you will be following your breast augmentation.  You size will depend on your current breast size and shape, the type of implant, and what bra manufacturer you use.  Generally speaking, you will increase by one cup size with every 150 cc of implant volume.  However, your goal should not be aiming for a certain cup size.  Your goal should be a certain "look".  You should have a good idea of what you are going to look like following your procedure based on your consultation with your surgeon.  Hope this helps!

Thank you for the question.  There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "D or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.  Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes. 

Breast size after augmentation

Minnie, I suggest you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast augmentation surgery. The variation in size and shape between bra manufacturers makes this question very difficult to answer. In my practice, I tend not to get fixated on cup size but try to achieve a size and shape that is appropriate for the individual patient's wants, desires, and goals. The type and shape of your implants also affect your final outcome/cup size. Your particular body and chest wall along with the style implant will determine your final outcome. In reality there will no significant difference in your final size between a 310 or 335 cc implant.

Eric E. Wegener, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon