Is the size of your implant put on a device indicator card for breast implants?

After getting my Breast augmentation I discoved that I was given Someone else's indicator card. When I called the staff where I received the surgery they said that they simply put the wrong name on the card but the size was wrong as well. I was suppose to have 360cc but the card said 330cc. I was told this is because the implants don't arrived all the way filled however it seems to me that the manufacturer would put 360cc on the card if that's the max capacity. Any thoughts?

If you have silicone implants they are a pre filled size. if you have saline implants some surgeons can over fill the implants. Your best bet is to ask your chosen surgeon. Regards, 

If you received silicone implants, then they come pre filled. Saline implants are the only ones that do not arrive already filled. The sizing information should be placed on a card with the implant serial numbers and then given to you for safe keeping. Your surgeons office should also have all of this information in your chart. I would ask for a copy of the operative note to see exactly what was placed and performed. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Implant card

I think that you are best to review the information with the doctor's office and compare it to the operative note.  Best of luck.

Your implant information

Ensuring that a patient has all the correct information and understanding of the implants that they are receiving is critical.  Your implant card/device tracking card should be accurately filled out with your name, the implant type/style and size.  Saline implants come deflated and with a range from minimal to maximal recommended fill.  This allows a surgeon to make careful and specific adjustments to achieve the best possible symmetry.  If there is concern over the type/style/size of your implants, please bring this up at your next visit.  I hope this helps with any concerns/confusion.  Best wishes in your recovery.

Is the size of your implant put on a device indicator card?

Thank you for your question.  Both the size, lot number, and serial number of your implant is placed on your device tracking card, but because of the confusion at your surgeon's office I would recommend discussing the error with your surgeon to ensure you receive the appropriate documentation.  Saline implants can be overfilled beyond the capacity a manufacturer places on it, and the size can be confirmed by reading your surgeon's operative note.  Hope this helps. 

Implant sizes

Thank you for your question.  If you received the Saline implants then that could be the case.  It is very common to overfill a saline implant in order to decrease the chance of rippling.  It is possible your doctor implanted the 330cc saline implant and then filled it to the 360cc.
If you have further questions or concerns regarding this I think it would be best to discuss it with your doctor and his staff.  They have the exact records and can explain it in further detail to you, since they know exactly what has happened.
If you would like more information regarding breast augmentation and the recovery process you can download a free copy of my breast augmentation planner at
Best of luck to you!

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon