My left breast makes a noise & feels like it's rubbing against my ribs when I bend forward. Is this normal?

My BA was 5 weeks ago. For the past few days my left breast has been making a swoosh noise & feels like it is rubbing against my ribs. It happens when I lean forward. It is a bigger size implant than my right side & is not as far along in the healing process. Should I be worried or is this normal? Thank you for taking the time to read my question & giving any suggestions on what's going on!:)

Rubbing sensation

This can happen and often goes away with time. If concerned, best to speak with your surgeon.........

Noise and rubbing sensation 1 month post-op in the breasts is very likely normal

This is actually a very commonly reported thing, and in the absence of any other findings, like abnormal swelling or shape of the breast, discoloration, pain, fevers, and the like, it is a normal thing.  Most often it has to do with internal tissue thickening as the capsule is forming and things are healing, and coupled with any irregularities of the rib or cartilage surfaces, as the implant glides and shifts across these surface contours, it can cause a sort of "squeaking" noise or produce a rubbing sensation.  This will go away with time as things heal and settle and you become more accustomed to having something "foreign" in your body.  Make sure to mention this to your own surgeon too, though, as we want to have him or her take a look just to make sure that I am correct and there is nothing else to worry about.  But, if he or she gives the thumbs up too, then there is nothing for you to worry about, and just be patient and things will settle down with time.  Best of luck!

Probably OK

I would not worry about this.  Your body has changed and you will find yourself noticing unusual sensations or even noises as you heal.  Over the last 25 years, I have found that no one seems to heal the same right versus left.  All my patients tell me that one breast healed faster than the other.  That being said, if this does NOT go away in a week or two, I would recommend you talk to your surgeon.  But I have had patients like your situation and the noises & feelings went away.

J. Allen Coffey Jr., MD
Denton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon