Areola incision not healing and different size areola concern (Photo)

Hi there ..I'm 5 weeks post op.Breast Augmentation and my concern is that my right breast is not healing well ..for the last 2 days I've been having some pain on that one breast..is it normal or is it a sign of infection? Also my right atreola is smaller than my left one ..is it because its still trying yp heal and is it going to expand to the size of the other one? I'm concerned? Please help !!

Wounds

It is best to see your PS for advice and if you are still concerned get a second opinion. You have wounds around your areola and at 5 weeks these should be healed. 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Areola incision not healing and different size areola concern

It is best to address the post-op questions to your Operating Surgeon. It's difficult to comment accurately without the benefit of physical exam. There might be multiple reason that are slowing down your healing- it is best to be seen by your Surgeon ASAP, be examined and address all of your questions/concerns

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs. I am sorry to hear of your incision healing difficulties.  It does not appear that you are currently suffering from an infection and either tension or blood supply difficulties resulted in the inability to heal.  With the skin separation your breast has been forced to heal from the "inside-out" causing the current scar appearance.  Unfortunately the only recommendation would be to allow your results to mature for up to a year after surgery, before pursuing either a scar revision or medical tattooing.  Hang in there, your results will improve with time.

Thank you for your question.  I'm sorry to hear about your delayed healing, 5 weeks out from your breast augmentation.  You are correct in your statement that it's not healing well at 5 weeks.  This may or may not be an infection or just delayed healing with superficial separation.  It's hard to say without a physical exam and more information.  Be sure to see your surgeon and let him or her know about your wound issues to get specific recommendations on what to do.  Best of luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS