Would a nose job make me look more attractive? (photos)

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.
The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Ethnic rhinoplasty and attractiveness

The performance of a rhinoplasty is a personal section and unless your nose is extremely large or does not fit your face, it should not detract from your attractiveness. In ethnic rhinoplasty, it is important to maintain your ethnicity even if you seek refinement or reduction in the size of your nose or nostrils. If you go too far, an unnatural result will be obtained or a "done" nose. Good luck in your area. I would seek the advice of a board certified facial plastic surgeon or a general plastic surgeon with expertise in ethnic rhinoplastie

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

African American Rhinoplasty

Dear Tydoyle,You already are attractive!  But, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks; it matters what you think.  If you can articulate what bothers you, then we can have a chat.  Until then, do nothing!All the best,Dr. Michelle Yagoda

Michelle R. Yagoda, MD

What matters is whether you think the changes achieved by rhinoplasty will make you look better. This is one of the roles of pre surgical computer imaging. Have some imaging done and see what you think.

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from decreasing the width of your alar base.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Would a nose job make me look more attractive?

Hi, I have performed many Rhinoplasty Surgeries over the past 30 years. From the photos, your nose is a bit wide, the cheeks are flat and the chin is weak as are the mandibular angles.  These combine to create a rectangular shaped face. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face. *Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.   *Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective. *Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line. *Rhinoplasty to refine and shape the nose.  Although a slim, more refined nose will add to your appearance it will not by itself be able to make your face more chiseled and handsome as described above.  Hope this helps.

You are great looking now!

You are great looking now!  You do not NEED a rhinoplasty.  But if your nose is a source of concern for you, then i suggest a subtle minimal scarless rhinoplasty to help achieve better balance and harmony without changing the character of your face.  By narrowing the bones and sculpting the tip and making the tip less bulbous, you could achieve dramatic improvement in a subtle way.  But to answer your question, NO you do not NEED a rhinoplasty at all. You look great and can conquer the world as is!  All the best!

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California  

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon