Is this a nose hump or a low radix? (photos)

Rhinoplasty

You have an enlarged  nasal hump which would benefit from a reduction. Computer imaging would be useful for you to better understand the options available for your treatment.

Little bit of both

As a matter of fact you have shades of low radix as well as small nasal hump in your nose. Body features come in shades and never purely one way or the other. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Hump or low radix

Even though additional photos would be helpful in fully evaluating your nose, from the one lateral photo, it is clear that you have a hump that would need to be shaved down but the radix being so low and deep would benefit from a radix graft.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal

The nose is a 3-dimensional structure, therefore full set of facial photographs are required to make a full determination.  From the one very limited photograph, it appears that there is a dorsal hump composed of both bone and cartilage.  A radix graft may or may not be required, but only after thorough examination of the nose.  For more information in many rhinoplasty before and afters, please see the link and the video below

Is This a Nasal Hump or a Low Radix?

I reserve the right t change my mind after seeing a fill set of nasal pictures as described on my website but with this one picture I'm going that I would probably reduce the bridge and add a small radix graft so you achieve a well defined nose with good balance between the tip and bridge.

Do I have a low radix or a high dorsum.

Thanks for the question.  It is always helpful to see multiple views of the nose, but with only this photo of you I would think that you would need a dorsal hump reduction to balance the overall shape of your nose.  Please be sure to discuss this with your local Plastic Surgeon to evaluate the shape of your nose fully.
Good luck to you.
Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Excellent question and it demonstrates a great knowledge of nasal anatomy.  This is actually difficult to answer without evaluating your entire face.  Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  I would not recommend a radix graft.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD