Will lip injections actually make a difference in my lips? (Photos)

I've been browsing doctors' before and after photos here and honestly, I would be disappointed if I were most of the patients. It's hard to tell which is before and which is after. From browsing patient's own posts, I see better results and an actual increase in size. My lips are too thin and not very sexy. I want to see a real difference in my result. I don't want to look completely over the top, but I don't mind if people think I may have had fillers injected. What can I realistically expect?

Lip injection results are dependant on the injector

Your final results are always dependant on who's doing the injection. Discuss your desires with your doctor beforehand and see if he/she can achieve the results you are seeking. Your upper lip needs more volume and projection. It should project on lateral view more than your lower lip. Also, it needs to be in the golden ratio of 1:1.61 (upper to lower lip volume) and it is smaller than that now.

Lip Augmentation

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients. In my professional experience, it is possible to consistently gain better symmetry and overall shape of lips with injection of hyaluronic acid lip fillers as it allows you to completely reverse the results if you do not like them.  While these are temporary (lasting about 6 months) they are quick, simple and have minimal pain or down time. For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with dermal filler and hyaluronic acid cosmetic injections.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Lip enhancement

Hi CoffeeTeaMe

Thanks for your post and your photo's. Lip filler is very subjective as each person wants to achieve something different.

Lip fillers provide an effective temporary solution to help volumize your lips. Dermal filler injections add volume to the lips and typically last around 4-6 months. In some cases duration of the effects can be a bit shorter or longer. It would be best to start with these, to get a feel for how big you want to go. Then you may want to go on to a more permanent solution.

Permalip™ are revolutionary lip implants that are designed to look and feel natural, yet enhance your lip volume to your desired size. It does not deflate, degrade or rupture over time. Although it’s permanent, it is designed for the ease of placement if a patient wishes to achieve a larger or smaller enhancement or even return to the lips original appearance. It does not limit lip movement and provides a natural look.
Have a good think and do your research.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. For lip enhancement hyaluronic acid injectable fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane Silk can provide a natural yet noticable volume improvement. Most patients typically start with one syringe since additional filler can always be injected down the line if more volume is desired.

Dr. Leonard Lu

Leonard Lu, MD

Lip Injections

You can have a natural looking result that usually is best for the lips. If you want a large difference you should discuss this with your treating physician before injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat

Fillers and fat do well for augmentation of lips that are noticeable.  I suggest a subtle change for a natural result.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Will lip injections actually make a difference in my lips?

Thank you for your question and photographs. I think you can anticipate a nice volume addition to your lips to make a natural, noticeable result, and I would recommend you start conservatively, adding additional filler in increments to reach your desired size.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your desired goals.