Numbness and swelling after lower body lift; is this normal?
Doctor Answers 4
Numbness and Swelling after Lower Body Lift #lowerbodylift
- Massive weight loss patients often times (but not always), tend to have swelling or edema that sticks around longer than the average tummy tuck patient. Sometimes it can take up to one year for this swelling to resolve completely.
- Numbness can last up to one year as well. Sometimes there are areas of numbness that are permanent.
- Thanks for sharing!
Body lift - numb and swollen after revision
Thank you for asking about your lower body lift.
- It can take a year or longer for all swelling to subside.
- So having the revision could have caused new swelling on top of subsiding swelling from the first operation.
- Numbness is the usual result of swelling.
- But the only person who can tell you for sure if this is normal is your surgeon -
- Since you are six months after the revision, now is a good time to go back to be checked.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Body lift and numbness/swelling
Congtatulations on your procedures. Numbness is quite common especially after removing a significant amount of skin. It often takes months to improve and can be partially permanent. A recent procedure can also be to reason why you're experiencing swelling. If it is slowly resolving, patient will see it through.
You might also like...
Swelling seems to dissipate slower in post bariatric patients. Numbness is often longterm and in many cases some of it is permanent. Patience in these cases is needed although frustrating. Good luck.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.