Can you have a full body lift, Brazilian butt lift, and fat transfer to contour body all in one surgery? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 3
Combining body lift, Brazilian Butt Lift, and fat transfer in one surgery
Yes, I prefer tummy tuck and body lift surgery along with fat grafting of the buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift) to be done simultaneously. This provides me with the greatest opportunity to contour the entire abdominal-hip-buttock aesthetic unit in the most attractive way. In addition, the fat that is to be removed during surgery can be converted to the fat that is placed in the buttocks to enhance the projection, roundness and fullness of the buttocks. If, on the other hand, the procedures are done at separate times, the fat that would have been used to enhance the buttocks will no longer be available. Ideally a patient is at a BMI (body mass index) of less than 30 to undergo this surgery, although in some patients, a BMI of 30 to 35 is acceptable. Ideally, for optimal wound healing, safety, and best results, the BMI is less than 30.
Body lift, BBL and liposuction - after gastric bypass
- I understand your wanting to plan your future -
- But first lose the weight - you may have different priorities depending on how you lose the weight.
- A lower body lift can be done with a BBL and liposuction - if surgery takes 6 hours or less, for safety.
- Please please do not travel for this surgery -
- You are in California with many excellent plastic surgeons with the highest quality operating rooms.
- The DR has a poor reputation for safety and quality including deaths not reported in the news here.
- Such long distance travel exposes you to serious risk of major complications. Stay home, stay safe.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS