Still lots of swelling; how long does it take to see final results?
Doctor Answers 5
Swelling after circumferential body lift
You are right, it takes at least 6 months for the swelling to mostly resolve, but really even longer for the complete result.Be patient and you should be able to start increasing your activity and exercise soon, with the ok of your surgeon.
Dr Steve Merten, Sydney Plastic Surgeon
Body lift recovery -
- Your swelling sounds quite normal.
- Surgical swelling actually takes 18 months to fully subside but most occurs in the first 6 months.
- Your clothes won't fit well as long as you are swollen -
- Be sure to see your surgeon to be sure everytihng is healing well 6 weeks after surgery.
Still lots of swelling after body lift: how long does it take to see final results?
You might also like...
Too soon for finals...
When Will I See My Final Results after Lower Body Lift? #lowerbodylift
- Of all the operations we perform for body contouring, the lower body lift has the most swelling (edema) associated with it.
- Also, the lower body lift operation has the potential to have a major and hugely positive impact on our major weight loss patients' lives!
- It can take one year until all of the swelling dissipates after a lower body lift.
- Hang in there, be patient, and definitely run your concerns by your plastic surgeon.
- Thanks for sharing!
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.