Are 475cc breast implants going to look big or small on me? 5,5 weight 135.

Hello everyone I was just curious okay I am 5 days out from having a breast augmentation and I have 475 cc on right and left 450cc my question is I have a surgical bra on and I touch them from outside and I don't feel any big at all I feel I can only touch the gauze And I peek to see them but don't look big at all I am 5,5 weight 134 also I'm wondering if that's even gonna be a D size or C I can't take off the surgical bra I was told so maybe I can have some feed back I'm a little concern:(?

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Concerned about breast implant size

Thank you for your question. Please discuss your size concerns with your surgeon.  Breast implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want and not overly focus on a specific cup size or implant size. 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Implants

It is difficult to predict how your implants will look on you because everyone "wears" them differently.  You can try a baggy test to get a rough idea..

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your augmentation. After placement of implants, the appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest.  Though they will not get bigger, the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance, and filling your bra cup more.   I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Too soon to judge.

Right after augmentation it is really too soon to judge your happiness with size. When implants are under the muscle they are flattened and will look very high, but you are not seeing the full projection. It takes a number of months for the muscles to relax and see the full projection of the implant. With your stats this is a generous implant. Bigger is not always better, but it is really too soon to judge.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after breast augmentation surgery

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play.  

From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.

In other words, it is much too early to tell.  My best advice: rest,  recover, and exercise patience.    In the long run, once patients have adjusted physically and psychologically to their new body image, the vast majority of patients are very pleased.