Should I get silicone gel, high or moderate plus and what size? I want to be a D. (photos)

Had saline 300cc for 10 yrs removed last year. I went from A to C cup. they were super hard and stiff! couldn't even wear normal bras

Profile

These choices are related to profile or the amount of projection the implant will provide. This means how far the implant/breast pushs out in front of your chest. Your breast and chest size will require sizing such that a variety of implant projections could be tried during surgery to see which style and size your surgical team thinks is the best for you. Good luck.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

You appear to have a petite frame, so with that in mind, I would suggest a high profile silicone implant. This should give you the volume that you want without the implant being too wide for your frame. An in person exam will be needed to recommend a specific volume. Good luck!

Implants

You need to be seen in person to determine what type of implants and size would be appropriate. Best of luck.

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. I would recommend seeing an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon, they are in the best position to ensure that the implants the two of your decide upon are the right ones to meet your expectations.  It sounds as if it may be wise for you to "try on" several of the implants so that you can have a better visual representation as to what they would look like.  I would favor silicone implants placed beneath your chest muscle to help avoid a recurrence of your breast hardening.  Best wishes!

Should I get silicone gel, high or moderate plus and what size? I want to be a D.

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: Your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. or the type of implant. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing suit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant. Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Robert Singer, MD FACS La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation; selecting implant type

We have many different types of implants for breast augmentation and choosing the right one is important for optimizing results.  In my office we keep a cabinet full of sizers that patients try on under thin bras and tight tee-shirts to determine desired volume.  One the volume is determined measurements are taken so that an implant of proper X, Y, and Z dimensions can be chosen.  In this way the so-called footprint of the implant (height, width, and projection) can be matched to an individual patient's anatomy.  The link below discusses some of this.

Be sure to consult with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who has done a lot of this work and who can show you a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures so you can gauge the surgeon's level of expertise and so you can get a realistic idea of possible results.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

BA size/shape/type

Hello and thank you for your questions. Remember, it is best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can in person examine you, take key measurements and go over with you your specific aesthetic goals. Bringing several photos of your "ideal" look can be helpful as well.  Also with my complimentary consultation is a review and discussion about incision location, implant placement, implant size and shape, type of the implants and recovery period. There are several key differences and some similarities in the types and shapes of breast implants. It is best to see and feel in person the different sizes, shapes and textures of the various implants during a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. All the best.

Benjamin J. Cousins M.D.

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Picking the Right Breast Implants

Patient satisfaction regarding implant choice is very high when done appropriately.  I encourage patients to spend necessary time with their ABPS board certified plastic surgeon and patient care team.  Try on different sizers in the mirror and pick a size.  Bring a significant other, friends or family - if you value their opinions.  Based off chest wall measurements and desired size an implant is selected.  Dont rush! Good luck.  

Joshua Lampert, MD,FACS

Try breast expanders t stretch the breast tissue or the BRAVA external suction devise fr 6 months than a 600 cc implant. As you are now only 400 cc implant MIGHT fit!