Breast implants after kidney transplant (9 years ago)

I had a kidney transplant from my dad, 9 years ago when I was 15. Never had any episodes of rejection or serious problems other than Urine infections 3+years ago & My kidney consultant has gave the ok. The op was booked for the 4th of November but I got a UTI so it was re arranged for the 24th of November. the nurse rang me today and said the anesthetist has decided it's not worth the risk so it may be cancelled again! Have any other transplant patients had this surgery or can I go elsewhere?

Breast implants after kidney transplant

As long as you have no active infection and are cleared by your nephrologist and medical doctor, implants should be ok.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Breast implants

You should be able to have breast augmentation after kidney transplant, provided things are stable with it and your transplant nephrologist or surgeon clears you for the procedure. It is also a good idea to get clearance from you primary doctor. Good luck!

Aug plus kidney transplant

I have done a breast aug in a kidney transplant patient and she has done very well and is now several years post op.since you have a UTI and are immuno suppressed due to the transplant it is important to get rid of the UTI before you proceed.just be patient and pray.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. As long as you are able to obtain clearance from your medical physician, then there is no contraindication for breast augmentation.  I have performed breast augmentations in healthy transplant patients without any increased risk of complications.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast implants after kidney transplant

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you are experiencing.
Overall it sounds like you are in good health. Your history of kidney transplantation will not necessarily contraindicate breast surgery. Communication between your medical doctors (who know you best) and your plastic surgeon will be necessary/helpful.  Best to clarify with the anesthesiologist what his/her specific concerns are?