I'm 2 weeks post op brachioplasty incision sight is red and hurts when I raise my arm. (photo)

Concern after arm lift

It is common to have redness and swelling around the incision after an arm lift. If you feel the things have gotten progressively worse recently, I recommend contacting your surgeon. It is a good idea to be in touch with your surgeon with any questions or concerns. I wish you the best. Dr. Gabbay

Arm lift - do I have an infection?

Thank you for your question about your arm lift.

Please contact your plastic surgeon for advice -
If you have an infection, only your surgeon will be able to treat it.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post op

It is very common that the scar looks pink/red in the first few months after surgery before it begins to fade. However, redness into the skin, like you have toward the armpit, should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon. Call the office for an appointment as they will best be able to evaluate in person.

James A. Hoffman, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Incision

Hello, its not uncommon to have some discomfort and hyperemia to your healing incisions 2 weeks after surgery. The photo is adequate to offer infection advice. I would see your PS for an evaluation in you have any concerns over infection or concerns. Good Luck.

Armlift - Infection - wound healing

The incision is healing nicely. On the foto the skin around the incision close to the armpit looks slightly reddened. This could be a superficial infection. But it is difficult to judge just based on a picture. Give the office of your plastic surgeon a call and ask for a post op appointment. You may need some additional treatment with antibiotics. 

best wishes

Bianca Knoll, MD
Frankfurt Plastic Surgeon

Maybe an infection?

It's hard to say for sure from the photos but you are a little red and if it's more painful than it should be (best determined by seeing your surgeon), you may have a little an infection and need further treatment.  Have you called your surgeon's office? 

I'm 2 weeks post op brachioplasty incision sight is red and hurts when I raise my arm.

After viewing your photos, your incision seem to be healing nicely.   I don't appreciate the redness on the photo. Due to swelling and inflammation it is normal to be slightly red right at the incision site at this time and to also have some discomfort when raising your arms.  

I would discuss this with you surgeon.   Also they can tell better than your photos if there is any concern about an infection.

Painful red scar

After two weeks , there will still be some discomfort around your scar. However , there should not be any real redness or pain out of proportion to your surgery. From the photos yiur scar seems as expected . However if you are feeling unwell , have a temperature or the skin on your arm feels warm; you must contact your plastic surgeon for an urgent appointment to see him/her and rule out an infection.
Best of luck .

Arm lift postop

Your incisions look intact, but the fact that they are red may be a sign of infection. It would be best for you to contact you plastic surgeon.

It is normal to have some discomfort when you raise you arm. This will loosen up over time. 

Hope your recovery is otherwise uneventful. 

Joseph Michaels, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon