Are my grafts falling off 8 days after hair transplant? (Photo)

I am 8 days post op FUE hair transplant. I was told that post 8 days one can wash the recipient area using finger tips gently massaging in circular motion with a shampoo. While doing the same some scabs came off which looked like follicles. Photo is attached for the reference. Please help, as my doctor is out of town.

It is normal to have hair shedding days or weeks after surgery. If you are concerned it is best to follow up with your doctor.

It is normal to have hair shedding days or weeks after surgery.  If you are concerned it is best to follow up with your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shedding after a hair transplant

Shedding of the grafts usually occurs after a hair transplant and most people see all of the grafts and the hair gone until they regrow in 6 or so months

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shedding of the new hairs

Shedding of transplanted hairs in the first  month after the operation  is an almost universal characteristic of a hair transplant. This occurs because during hair transplantation a graft is temporarily stripped of its blood supply and the grafts shed their hair.  Shedding of transplanted hairs are  usually  noticed begining 1 to 2 weeks following the procedure and continuing for up to six weeks. A very small percentage of patients do not shed and the transplanted hairs continues to grow. Please note that  It dosen`t mean that something goes wrong . 
New hairs  start to regrow in the 3rd or 4th months after the operation , and final result will be achieved only one year later
All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Scabs after hair transplant

The scabs usually fall off with the hair shafts attached to it. However the hair follicles remain under the skin and will start to grow in after a few months. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon