Bleeding on front hairline post FUE: Is this a sure sign of lost/damaged or dislodged grafts?

I woke up to find myself bleeding in the recipient area (front hairline) on Day 5 post FUE. I fear I may have been rubbing or picking the area where the transplantation was done. I feel extremely worried that I have damaged it. Is the bleeding a sure sign that the grafts have been damaged and lost? I have no itching and have been following all post op care. Except in my sleep it seems I may have faltered, and caused a lot of damage.

Shedding hair from transplant

Shedding grafts is a normal process after a hair transplant. Sometime every hair and every graft sheds and does not return until the hair goes into anagen which is usually 5-6 months after a hair transplant is done

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Bleeding five days after surgery is not considered "normal". It would be best to contact your doctor for a follow up exam.

Bleeding five days after surgery is not considered "normal".  It would be best to contact your doctor for a follow up exam.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Healing process after #hairtransplant surgery

your doctor should have explained your post op care and its application. If you bled after few days, you may have dislodged some grafts when picking on them. There is not much you can do now if it is a dislodged  graft. You need to be more careful touching the recipient area for the first two weeks. If you have concerns, you need to talk to your doctor and do a follow up visit. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon