Flu after FUE. Any suggestions?

The thing is for the past 4 days I have been down with a terrible flu which has caused me all sorts of problems like body pain, fever, no proper sleep and appetite problems ( I basically can't eat). I'm really concerned if this would have any adverse affect on my fue hair transplant which I did 3-4 weeks ago. If yes, what should I do. Looking forward to hear from you'll

Flu after FUE. Any suggestions?

In my opinion, take tylenol for the pain and fever. Stay hydrated, rest and relax as much as possible. Try soup and yogurt. You should not have any adverse effects on your FUE transplant. However consult with your physician if you do not bounce back within 48 hours.

New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to see a doctor if you are ill with the flu. You need to take care of yourself. Without seeing a doctor it would be

It is best to see a doctor if you are ill with the flu.  You need to take care of yourself.  Without seeing a doctor it would be impossible to determine what you have.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Flu one month after FUE

Thanks for sharing your concern. Likely, you follicles are well situated at this point and the flu will not change your result. Stay hydrated and rest. Ask your surgeon/hair doc if anything more than supportive care is recommended. Best of luck. 

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

FUE and flue after 4 days

I doubt that the grafts would be damaged from the flue as the graft healing will continue on schedule and the flu is more systemic not local

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon