4 weeks post FUE. I played soccer and got hit on the recipient area and started bleeding. Have I damaged new follicles? (photo)

In general bleeding at the transplant site is not a good sign after having surgery. If you are concerned see your doctor

In general bleeding at the transplant site is not a good sign after having surgery. If you are concerned see your doctor for a check up.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Injury post FUE

I doubt you would have damaged your new grafts. However, please go back to your hair transplant surgeon to make sure that the injury is not deep. A thorough examination will put your mind at ease. After 7 days all the grafts are secure.

In our opinion there should not be a problem after 4 weeks, however if there is an injury such as a deep laceration you might want to have it looked at by a reputable hair restoration surgeon that can use magnification such as "loupes" to put your mind at ease. Let us know what the outcome is.

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

When are my grafts safe following a hair transplant

After 6 days the grafts are in solidly and not likely to be dislodged.  After 4 weeks, they are definitely safe and nothing can cause them to fall out.  You most likely just suffered an abrasion to the scalp so there is little chance that you damaged a graft.  However, a deep gash could result in scarring and potentially some damage to follicles.  I agree that a visit to you doctor should put your mind at ease.

John P. Cole, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Bleeding after being hit in the head at 1 month

If all of the crusts were off, I would doubt that you would have dislodged grafts. You can go back to see your doctor and get examined to find out if you are very concerned.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon