I had my hair transplant 5.5 months ago. When to expect final results? (photos)

I had my hair transplant 5.5 months ago and i can see about 30% of new hairs. I want to know if more hairs are going to sprout Or the existing hairs will get thicker and how long should i wait for final results. How does my current growth look??

Growth

You can expect to see 80% of the growth at 8 months and 95% of the growth at one year. Hair still comes out after that, but only a small amount

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take six to twelve month after a hair transplant surgery to see results. So after a five months, it may be too early to

It can take six to twelve month after a hair transplant surgery to see results.  So after a five months, it may be too early to tell.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair growth process after #hairtransplant

Each implanted hair goes through its cycle of hair growth. Depending on where in the cycle it is, then it will start to grow in. Usually you see growth starting after four months and it may take up to 18 months for all the hair to grow I . 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Had my hair transplant 5.5 months ago

You would able to see increasing number of hairs in 1-2 months and they will be get thicker and more mature by time. But behind frontal hair line there is a gap that is because of  loose packing and needs more transplant. 

Existing hairs will get final result in 12-14 months and you should wait for 7 months more .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

What to expect after Hair Transplant?

Transplanted hairs start to visibly regrow between months 4-6. At month 6-9, a patient may expect to see growth for  80% of the transplants. Again, due to the random cycle of hair growth, not all grafts will start growing at the same time. Initially, the hair my be thinner and finer. It will gain length and density as it matures. 

Full growth from the transplants is usually achieved at 12 months. All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon