Is it better to travel or stay in town for a BBL procedure?

I live in Atlanta and find that a lot of Miami surgeons does the BBL procedure more like I like it and the cost is a little cheaper then Atlanta surgeons with better results. I am afraid of doing out of town procedures because if something goes wrong, it will be difficult to fly/ride back and forth to Miami. I am still debating but would love to have my BBL done in Miami. I'm 5'5 and 179 lbs and already have a nice butt but need it to be rounder plus my hips. I want to spend under $10,000.

#liposuction #plasticsurgery #brazilianbuttlift

Hi fatfattt, Thank you  for your awesome question! Your bio is very helpful, however without the benefit of knowing your full health history and an in person exam it's impossible to say for certain.  I perform many BBL plastic surgeries on patients from all over the country.  I would recommend you have an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon with these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a Triangle  *On faculty at local plastic surgery teaching program -- in our office we are affiliated with both Duke and UNC schools of plastic surgery Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the best in your journey.  My sincere best, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS  CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Bbl and travel

I think that it is better to stay locally for surgery. You are better off in that if you have any issues post-op, they can be addressed in person by your surgeon.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I have done many Brazilian Butt lifts and specialize in body contouring procedures.  If you do decide to travel for surgery, I would recommend that you stay at that location for 2-3 weeks following your procedure.  Also, best to discuss this with your surgeon.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL

Thank you for your question.I would recommend that you have your surgery done near the area you live by a board certified plastic surgeon. If you develop some type of complication after surgery you may not be able to travel back to be examined by your original plastic surgeon or if you can travel, you will have additional fees to consider such as flight and hotel accommodation. If cost is a big factor, I would ask during the consultations in your area about payment plans. Most practices offer these through companies like Care Credit. These are just some things to think about when making your decision. If you cannot find a surgeon in your area that can achieve your cosmetic goals then that is when I would consider going out of town. In regards to your desired outcome, you can achieve a curvier butt and hips with a BBL. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks/hip area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks/hips. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you have to travel far to go home then I would suggest purchasing a booty buddy pillow to sit on that reduces the pressure on your buttocks and getting up and walking every 30 minutes. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon