When the surgeon performs a BBL, do they have to use the fat from your thighs? (Photos)

Do I Have the option to not want to use the fat on my legs? Or atleast, not that much? I ask this because I don't want to Look like a "Cake Pop". I Would want my thighs and butt to meet. I Provided a picture that shows more what I mean (I hope). On the top row the Booty is way to Big and isn't proportioned to the Thighs/Legs as to the Bottom Row. To Me it seems to Look more Natural, so would it be an option that a candidate can decide wether or not they want to Use that Fat?

They Can, But They Don't Have To

With a BBL, the fat can be removed from virtually any area of your body where there is excess. With that said, it is important to understand that the waist and the buttock are equally important in producing the results that most desire with a BBL. A waist to hip ratio of 0.7, meaning the waist is narrower than the hips, is essential to achieving the best lower body form. Therefore, it is important that your plastic surgeons effectively liposuctions the waistline, which often requires liposuctioning the waistline in multiple positions. For many patients, the results are more dependent on the fat removed from above and below the buttock than the fat actually injected into the buttocks. Best of luck with your procedure

Cedar Rapids Plastic Surgeon

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. 

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

The state of Florida board of medicine limits the amount of pure fat remove to 4000cc or 4liters. This is implemented for patient safety. Any higher volume then the patient would require resuscitation at a hospital setting.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

When the surgeon performs a BBL, do they have to use the fat from your thighs?

Hello ahhna - Thanks for your question. You can certainly avoid performing liposuction to your legs. As long as you have enough fat in other areas, these sources of fat can be used for the BBL. Natural results require that your surgeon have an eye towards proportionality. I will routinely perform fat transfer to the transverse gluteal crease to provide a smoother transition from the buttocks to the thigh. The problem with the aesthetic on the top of the photo you posted is that it looks like a full baby diaper! All good plastic surgery require proportion. Those results scream TOO MUCH! Make sure you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who is an expert at buttocks enhancement. Check out my link below for a recent BBL result. It looks big but I only put 420cc of her fat per side. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Avoiding the "Cake Pop" Brazilian Butt Lift Look!

You absolutely do NOT have to use fat from your thighs for your Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL). If you have enough fat in other areas, you can focus on these. You are correct in watching out for that "cake pop" look. It's disproportionate  and this is likely why it looks so unsightly and unattractive to you. I'm in agreement. The "cake pop" look is also a tell-tale sign of having had a BBL. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Providing that you have sufficient fat there are many donor sites that can be chosen. The most common ones are the abdomen and waist. Other areas include the upper back, inner and outer thighs and arms. If you have enough donor fat you don't have to use the arms. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

BBL liposuction location

Fat can be harvested form a number of locations with the thighs being one of them. Usually maximal liposuction is performed around the waist and upper torso to provide the framework for a shapely buttock. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

The patient ultimately decides whether to use their thighs as a source of fat.  Sometimes, surgeons suggest to liposuction the thighs if not enough fat is available from the abdomen, flanks and back.  Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon