Will my butt go down after a BBL?

I'm a little scared that the size I got was a little to big was wondering if it will go down ? Or is there anything I can do to make it go down.

Will my butt go down after a BBL?

Thank you for your question.  After a brazilian butt lift surgery, there is a predictable swelling process that mostly resolves over two months, when the final result really settles in.  

Will my butt go down after a BBL?

Yes t decreases 30 - 50 % during the first three months after surgery. Continue to follow up with your surgeon as recommended. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Will my butt go down after a BBL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well...if you use your boopy pillow for at least 8 weeks from the procedure, your buttocks will mantain for more time your fat cells.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Butt size after BBL

Hi, thanks for your question. 

The size generally decreases several weeks after a BBL because some of the fat gets resorbed. This is why we often "over-fill" with the fat at the beginning because we expect some of the fat to resorb. Be sure to express these concerns to your surgeon so that he/she can guide you. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

I would consult with your surgeon for a physical examination if there are areas of your buttocks that you are concerned about. Generally, most of the swelling has resolved by 6-8 weeks and you should start to see your finally results by then. If after 3 months, you are unhappy with the size of your buttocks you may want to consider adding cardio and eating a healthy balanced diet as this will reduce overall body fat and the buttocks will get smaller too. Best of luck in your recovery.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question!

It depends on how far out you are from surgery. Usually, there is a lot of swelling for at least the 3 month period and possibly on into the 6 month period. At the 3 month period is when you should start seeing your full results. If at this point you are unhappy with your results I would contact your physician to see what he/she would recommend for you. 

I wish you the best of luck!

"The above answer posted has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for an actual in-person examination/consultation with a medical professional and professional advice; it is only opinion based on photos and/or description of symptoms. Seek in-person treatment with a trained BCPS medical professional for appropriate action and care to be given."

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon