How can you prevent developing necrosis after a BBL?

I've been thinking of getting a BBL but I am scared of getting necrosis during recovery. I've heard even the healthiest people can get it. I saw a woman on here who got necrosis during her BBL recovery and her skin tissue on her side looked really bad so now I don't know if I am being too paranoid but I'm still deciding whether to go for it or not.

Necrosis after BBL

Necrosis of the fat grafted or of skin of the liposuction.  I've seen some skin necrosis after liposuction.  It is almost always associated to thermal energy modalities for the liposuction (laser or ultrasound).

Fat necrosis is different from skin necrosis.  With a BBL, it is expected that some of the grafted fat will not "survive" the process of harvest-->processing-->grafting.  Usually this about 40% of the grafted volume.  This is technically called resorption. Not necrosis.  I have not experienced any necrosis of skin with a BBL or lipo.  I encourage you to discuss the technique for the procedure with your chosen surgeon.

Hope this helps and best wishes!

Dr. Morales

ABPS Plastic Surgeon

Houston, Tx

How can you prevent developing necrosis after a BBL

Thank you for your question.  Patient compliance after BBl surgery is vital to prevent complications.  Using the pillow while sitting and sleeping position minimizes potential complications.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well...It will be better for you to review with your surgeon about the risks that can appear after lipo with bbl, but also, I will give you some tips: use your boopy pillow for at least 8 weeks from the procedure, when you go to the bathroom always clean yourself very carefully, I mean with the incisions, and take all your antibiotics. Remember that we will never know if we will develop a fat rejection. It is our own body that will tell us after surgery.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD