Fatty tissue on tip of nose? (Photo)

I had rhinoplasty 5 years ago and was extra Extremely happy with results although surgeon said he cannot make The tip more defined as it is fatty tissue. Is the A procedure to do this ? I really just want a smaller tip. The surgeon did surgery on the bridge of my nose because it was straight. It does look a lot better than what it was. Thank you

Rhinoplasty Revision

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Tip width

If you are happy with your improvements so far I would suggest not having any more work done as you look to have thick skin and may have got as much refinement out of the tip as you can in the context of a thick skinned nose - also remember in photos taken with a phone camera and especially "selfies" your tip looks 20-30% wider than reality due to distortion by the camera

Tip issue

Some tip thinning is possible but if you have very thick tissues you m ay not achieve the refinement you are looking for.

Bulbous tip Rhinoplasty

You could possibly refine your tip by defatting and additional tip support using cartilage grafts. This would require an open rhinoplasty.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS