Cutting slice of skin off from nose during rhinoplasty between eyes to shorten skin that gets loose as we age? Normal? (Photos)

I see some ps does this. My skin is very loose on upper nose since ps carved bone too small. I'm trying to figure out best options. Seems like pinching skin between eyes helps nose skin looseness. If skin was cut off then maybe the whole nose would not need so much building wider and larger and it feels it helps detached cartilages.I dont mind small scar there. I have seen reconstructive facial surgery pictures and scars do not seem to be that bad. Makeup can be applied.

Removing skin off the dorsum of the nose is not usually performed to achieve good results. Best of luck to be seen in person.

Hello and thank you for your question.  Dorsal skin excision is not usually performed.  An in-person examination could help you decide this.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD