Nose clip (Nasofix) permanent damage? Fixable? (photos)

I used a nose clip (squeezes your nose) for about a year, and my nose has become deformed and bigger than before. I stopped using it in hopes that my nose would return to its normal state, but it has not. It looks swollen 24/7, is a lot bigger than before, and has deformities. This has caused me great depression knowing that I caused it myself. My nose was fine before, but now it is terrible. Is this damage permanent, and if it is, can a nose operation return my nose to its prior state? Thanks

Nose clip would unlikely create permanent changes in the nose.

It does look as though your nose has increased in volume especially in the tip. I'm not sure how I nose clip could contribute to this but trauma may be due to swelling. Depending on the nature of the problem there could be a solution. It looks as though there's been some acne outbreak in one of the photographs which may contribute to the problem.

Nose Clip to refine the Nose

More information is needed to determine your options. The skin looks broken out in the one photo. If it is, this can be treated with topical and possibly oral antibiotics. The one picture looks like there is a dent on the right side of the nose. I would recommend seeing a rhinoplasty surgeon to evaluate and discuss options with you.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nasal trauma

It will be difficult to assess without good quality before and after pictures, but in most cases of nasal trauma an expert rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to offer solid improvement of both form and function to the nose. I hope this helps and good luck. 

Jacob Sedgh, MD

It is impossible to know whether your nose can be 'restored' as there is no picture of what it looked like before the device was used. It is unlikely to change on its own now so you will have to consider rhinoplasty for any further changes.

No Worries

Thanks for your question.  The use of nasofix is controversial for a non-surgical rhinoplasty.   Your photos do show a typical wide nose that is very easily fixed with a rhinoplasty. Please see a qualified rhinoplasty surgeon to evaluate and treat you.  Good luck.

Paul E. Goco, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

See a surgeon

The photos are not so clear as to what damage has occurred - please arrange to see an expert rhinoplasty surgeon in your local area for advice