My nose tip 2 months after rhinoplasty is incredibly bulbous. (photos)

Hi there, it's been two month since my nose job and I think I got the worst result ever. My nose tip is quite assymetric and incredibly bulbous. I know that most of swelling must be gone by know but the shape of my nose 1 week after vs 2 months after the surgery hasn't changed much. My surgeon said he didn't remove any tissue, is that normal? Do you still believe the result can improve significantly? Thanks.

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Tip bulbosity

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry you aren't pleased with your results. Given that your surgeon said he didn't remove any tissue, revision surgery could focus on reducing the cartilage size and possibly thinning the soft tissue envelope. I would try to remain patient for the time being, though, as revision surgery should wait 6-12 months following the initial rhinoplasty. You may continue to see subtle changes to your nose over the coming months.

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip shape

Sorry to hear about your disappointment in your rhinoplasty result.  There is really only three reasons to have too much fullness in your nasal tip after rhinoplasty:

-swelling

-cartilage

-skin/soft-tissue

With time swelling should decreases and size should diminish.  Since it has not, perhaps more time is necessary but eventually if it does not improve cartilage or skin/soft-tissue should be considered.  My guess is that the cartilages are likely still too round or big.  If that is the case, a revision rhinoplasty will be needed to address the issue.

Good luck with the rhinoplasty journey.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD