How long after Rhinoplasty can you get acne treatments such as micro dermabrasion, and cortisone shots?

Safe After a Couple Weeks

The healing process from rhinoplasty is fairly quick, and other procedures such as microdermabrasion or cortisone shots can be safely done within a couple of weeks. The procedure involves minimal blood loss and limited physiological stress. I tell patients that they should be comfortable returning to work in 7 to 10 days (from an appearance point of view), and by 6 weeks, the majority of the swelling will have resolved for most patients.  

Hello annna97 - Thanks for your question. The skin of the nose is more sensitive to injury after rhinoplasty for several weeks. You could certainly treat areas off the nose with microderm and cortisone anytime after surgery. But, if you need to treat the nose, I would recommend holding off for 4-6 weeks until the skin heals a bit. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Microdermabrasion and cortisone shots after a rhinoplasty

It is probably best to wait at least  3 to 4 weeks after the rhinoplasty procedure before undergoing a micro-dermabrasion and cortisone shots.

How long after rhinoplasty can I get microdermabrasion

I recommend waiting one month to receive a topical treatment like microdermabrasion. It may still be a bit tender over the nasal area at this point, so I would wait to treat the nose until the tenderness is gone. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon