What does 900cc augmentation look like?

900 cc Implants

Thank you for your question. The appearance you achieve with a specific volume will depend on your initial measurements and breast volume. Breast implants are meant to fit your breast width and will increase in projection to allow for larger volumes. The largest volume that your Plastic Surgeon may advise for you could be different. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person and let them know the goal "look" that you have in mind. They will take this into account and measure your breasts in order to find the most appropriate implants to achieve your goals.
All the best

Breast augmentation

Implants of the same size will look different on each person based on your anatomy.  Many surgeons will have samples of differently sized implants in the office which you can "try on" during a consultation.  Together with your surgeon you can select the implant size that is best for you.

Camille Cash, MD

Will depend mainly on your starting anatomy point…

Thank you for the question. You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile.  Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. You will find lots of examples of "larger" breast augmentation outcomes on the attached link.  Remember, that 900 cc breast  implants might produce a very different outcome for you, compared to another patient.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “extra large” or "D or DD cup”   etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
  3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to "larger" breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Depends on your antatomy

The results with breast augmentation with large breast implants depends on your anatomy.  In general, large breast implants greater than 600cc should be used with caution.  In the US, the largest silicone gel breast implants are 800cc so any size larger than that would require saline.I would have a long and frank discussions about the risks of using large breast implants in your particular situation with your surgeon.Best Wishes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

900cc Implants

A 900 cc implant is pretty big. Most implants I would put in are 300 - 450 cc so you are looking at something substantial.The end result depends on many variables: the amount of natural breast tissue you have, the shape of your breasts, and the width of your chest.You would be best to consult with a Plastic Surgeon who has a 3D simulation to image your 'before and after' imaging.All the best

Damon Thomas, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon