Can surgery still go on with high blood pressure?

So I never ever had high blood pressure before and I went for my two week follow up my pressure was really high. So then went to my doctor and it was normal he tells me go to Walgreens a few days later. Now its high again idk will they still give me a breast augmentation

Can surgery still go on with high blood pressure

our blood pressure must be under good control prior  to any surgery. High blood pressure during surgery can lead to complications, especially excess bleeding and developing a hematoma.

Surgery with high blood pressure

While surgery can still proceed with high blood pressure, proper precaution and steps to control should be implemented. Allow your surgeon and the MD Anesthesiologist know about your condition, and allow them to work in conjunction with your primary physician/internist to provide you proper care.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

High blood pressure

Well regulated blood pressure is important for surgery. You should follow up with you medical doctor. Best of luck.

High Blood Pressure

Safety is of the highest priority.  Your surgery will likely be cancelled if your blood pressure is high on the morning of surgery.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Surgery With High Blood Pressure

High blood pressure is a risky thing for any patient and should be evaluated and treated appropriately.  Elevated blood pressure in patients undergoing plastic surgery procedures is particularly bothersome as it may lead to post-operative bleeding that may necessitate a return to the operating room and/or compromise your surgical result. A prudent surgeon will want your blood pressure controlled prior to performing your procedure.

Norman H. Rappaport, MD

Hypertension can increase complications

Not sure if by “doctor” you mean your surgeon or your local physician. Surgery with high blood pressure or hypertension can increase your chances of complications. I suggest you contact your surgeon and let him know. He will be able to advise you accordingly.

Damon Thomas, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

High blood pressure

For your safety, any concerns regarding your blood pressure need to be addressed prior to surgery.  See your primary care doctor for an evaluation.

Camille Cash, MD

High blood pressure

Thank you for your question.  It is important for you to be medically clear before undergoing any elective surgical procedure.  Best to meet with your primary care doctor to discuss your particular situation.  Best of luck.

High blood pressure and elective surgery

Hello,  thank you for your question. Systemic diseases like high blood pressure should be stabilize before having any elective surgery. The risk of having a cardiac complication during or after surgery increase if your blood pressure is not controlled.   Also the bleeding during surgery can be a lot more than usual with this condition.  Have a great day.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Surgery with high blood pressure

Thank you for your question.  It is in your best interest to get some testing to done so you can safely stabilize your blood pressure. Your health is yours and the doctors number one priority, you wouldn’t want to undergo elective surgery at a higher risk. Your doctor will want you to receive medical clearance to be cleared for surgery before they perform the breast augmentation. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon