What is this? (photos)

I am one month postoperative breast augmentation, everything was great, my wound healed nicely but when I washing my scar with soap and water to put my cream I noticed this, can you please tell me what is this and if its normal or what? Thanks for your help

1 month post op

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that your incision is healing normally according to your photographs.  Best to follow up with your surgeon to confirm.  Good luck.

One month postoperative breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photo's.  It appears to possibly be a dissolving suture (spitting suture)that makes it's way out and appears like an in grown hair or pimple.  It is harmless and can be trimmed by your PS nurse, or if left alone , it will dissolve on it's own.  

Chad Robbins, MD

Incision Line

Great Question! Looks as though you are trying to "spit a stitch" This happens sometimes and nothing to be afraid of. It should heal up on its own over time. Keep watching incision- if you see a stitch call your doctor and they can take it out. Should not hurt your healing process. Continue to do scar massage and scar gel to help your scar. Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Easy fix

Contact your plastic surgeon for a quick visit.  The suture will be clipped and with a little TLC you'll be healed up.  Best wishes.

Camille Cash, MD

Don't worry

Thank you for your question. Please don't worry. It appears you may have a little irritation from a suture knot.Sometimes, a suture know will "Spit". THis is easily dealt with. I likely will require your surgeon to cut the suture and it will heal uneventfully. Good Luck,
Dr. Morrissey

Spitting suture

Based on the picture, it seems as though your suture has made its way to the surface which is quite common. The scar is healing appropriately. You should see your plastic surgeon to be evaluated in person. If needed, the spitting or irritating suture may need to be removed to allow this area to heal. Best wishes,Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

What is this 1 week post Breast Augmentation

This appears to be a common occurrence, which is a suture irritation coming to the surface.  Ask your PS to see if he /she can remove the suture and it will resolve faster.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Wound Healing

It looks like you have a small, irritated area on the incision, perhaps due to a dissolving stitch. I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon to advise you. It will likely heal with minimal intervention.
All the best

BA scar

Thank you for your question, and it doesn't look like anything serious. I would have your surgeon take a look. It seems to be just a widened scar, probably the site where a stitch is still dissolving. If the scar ends up not being acceptable, a simple revision could be considered down the road. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon