I will like to know how much will it cost to get gynecomastia removed from both breasts? (Photo)

How much will it cost to remove gynecomastia from both breasts?

Cost of gynecomastia surgery

Costs will vary based on the geographic area and facility fees as well as the individual physician.  Formal resection is a more costly procedure than liposuction of the breasts alone.  See several board certified plastic surgeons in consultation to get an idea of pricing after an examination.  An important part of the exam is to palpate the tissue to ascertain whether it is soft or fibrous, the latter requiring an operation that would be longer in duration and, therefore, more costly.

Prices vary depending on geographical area. look for specials on realself and find an experienced surgeon with photos and reviews.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Determining the Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery

According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons the average #cost of #gynecomastia surgery can vary widely. #Surgery quotes should include the procedure itself, operating room facilities, anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescription medication and other related costs. Most plastic surgery offices offer convenient finance plans that allow patients to pay a low monthly payment.
Costs will also vary with geographic location. Estimated costs can be found here on RealSelf.com, PlasticSurgery.org or Surgery.org.

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Gynecomastia Surgical Costs

• Gynecomastia reduction  cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

• 1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA and Canada.

• 2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used? In your case local anesthesia would be the least expensive.

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures such as lipo also be also performed during the same surgery?
#MaleBoobReductionCost

Gynecomastia costs

Costs of surgery vary with the methods used and other factors.  Your best option to determine cost is to consult a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  You should be sure to ask if the quoted costs include facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee and pathology fees to analyze the tissue. You may want to have more than one consultation.  You should be aware that all of these costs vary with location and some states have taxes on some of the fees.

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia fees

The fee will vary depending upon the complexity of the surgery. Best to be seen in person to determine what might be necessary for you.

Gynecomastia costs

Costs will vary with the extent of the treatment that is needed.  No matter what, I would suggest you consult with a gynecomastia surgery expert.  

Treatment of gynecomastia is one of my sub-specialties and I have performed thousands of these procedures.  Suggest you read my website, which is entirely devoted to gynecomastia.  It will answer a lot of your questions.

I would also suggest you visit a very good forum:   gynecomastia.org.   It, too, will provide lots of answers for you.

Good luck!

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
New York City

I will like to know how much will it cost to get gynecomastia removed from both breasts?

Thanks for the question and pictures. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.  You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  Best wishes.

Gynecomastia

Thanks for the question, I typically use liposuction only but in some cases especially when the patients are very thin like you I will make a small incision to remove the excess gland. Cost is typically $6500

Cost of Bilateral Gynecomastia Surgery

The total cost for bilateral gynecomastia surgery is $6000. The price includes the Board Certified Professional fee, Board Certified Anesthesiologist fee, and Medicare Approved Surgicenter fee. Best wishes!

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon