How would I know if my grafts dislodged?

Hey, it's now been 1 week since my FUE procedure of 1500 grafts. I've been following the proper shampoo procedure along with hair care supplements (viviscal). Plenty of hair has fallen ( whitish-yellow crust around them and scabs) within 5-7 days. Is this normal?

If you are not sure about the post operative care and what to expect it is best to see your doctor for a recheck.

If you are not sure about the post operative care and what to expect it is best to see your doctor for a recheck.  In general if you have bleeding or see large tissue that look like grafts, it may be a sign you lost grafts.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shedding of the new hairs

Shedding of the new hairs in this period is normal and is a part of the procedure.

We recommend our patients from day 10 to wash and massage the scalp with shampoo with the weight of the fingers using fingertips in a circular motion to break down any crusts and scabs . Doing this during your hair wash will really speed up the healing process and break down all the crusts and scabs.
Most of the patients are scared to massage but it really needs to be done . If there is no bleeding where the graft came from ,it means every thing is under control and they are safe.
To feel better you may consult with your surgeon for his specific advice regarding washing

All the best 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Dislodged grafts

If you lost any grafts, you would see bleeding at the recipient sites where the graft came from. Otherwise what you seeing is normal shedding. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon